PRODUCT NAME: Otocin C Ear Drop 5ml
PACK SIZE: 5ML Net Wet.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
Otocin-C Ear Drop is a combination of four medicines. Chloramphenicol is an antibiotic which stops the growth of bacteria. It does so by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. This does not directly kill the bacteria, but prevents them from increasing in numbers, and eventually clears up the infection. Prednisolone is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies. Acetic acid belongs to the class of medications called antibacterial and antifungal agents. It works by maintaining the pH thereby preventing the growth of bacteria and fungi. Benzocaine works by blocking pain signals from the peripheral nerves to the brain which decreases the sensation of pain. Thus, Otocin-C Ear Drop treats ear infections.
- Composition: Prednisolone Acetate IP 0.5% w/v. Chloramphenicol IP 5% w/v. Glacial Acetic acid IP 2% w/v. Benzocaine IP Benzyl Alcohol IP 2% w/v. (As preservative) Propylene Glycol IP base q.s.
- Dosage: As directed by the Physician.
- Storage Instructions: Store in a dry place at a temperature not exceeding 30?C. Protect from light. Do not freeze.
- Marketed by: Mankind Pharma Ltd.
- Schedule H Prescription Drug – Caution: Not to be sold by retail without the prescription of a registered medical practitioner.
DIRECTION TO USE:
- If irritation persists or increases, discontinue the use and consult the Physician.
- Do not touch the nozzle tip or other dispensing tip to any surface since this may contaminate the solution.
- Use the solution within one month after opening the container. If the solution becomes cloudy or dark brown, it should be discarded.
- Replace the cap tightly after every use. Keep out of reach of children.
Before using it, tell your doctor if you have an underlying disease or are taking medicines for any health condition. The medicines that are used externally usually do not get affected by other medicines, however, you should let your doctor know if you are taking any medicines to ensure safety. Ask your doctor for advice if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.? If you are a known allergic to the medicine, you must refrain from using this medicine and consult the doctor.
USER UNDER MEDICAL SUPERVISION