User Review( votes)
The recent Coronavirus infection has not only make me but I think everyone else paranoid too. Why you think? Because, whenever someone coughs, almost everyone around that person, looks at him with suspicion, especially when traveling in a metro or any public transport. But, the biggest question is – Have we thought ourselves of being infected or even think of self-Isolation for coronavirus?
After being announced as a world Health emergency, protection and prevention for Coronavirus demand the efforts of every single individual, especially the infected ones. And with that, comes the need for Self-isolation.
The concept is simple and that is to prevent the further spread of the infection, given its high spreadability. It will not only help the infected person to spread the virus but also protects healthy individuals from catching the infection.
In this blog, we are gonna discuss everything that is to know about Self Isolation or its related terms and also the importance of them.
What is Self-Isolation for Coronavirus and Social Distancing?
Isolation, quarantine, social distancing, these are the terms that are seen on a different light concerning Coronavirus. Even though they have a slightly different meaning to them, the idea behind them is the same. And that is, to stop the further spread of this deadly Coronavirus infection.
Isolation or self-isolation is used to separate people who are infected from those who are healthy. It restricts the movement of the infected person in order to stop the spread of certain diseases.
People who have been infected may be asked to self-isolate at home if they don’t show any symptoms or are only mildly ill.
Social distancing is avoiding any kind of physical contact with people. You can go out for urgent reasons but making sure to keep a good distance from people and avoid physical contact especially shaking hands, hugging, etc.
Quarantine, however, is used to separate and restrict the movement of healthy persons who may have been exposed to the Coronavirus or are at risk for coming down with the infection.
Who is more vulnerable to Coronavirus Infection and must self-isolate?
Self-isolation is the perfect technique to prevent the spread of Coronavirus so as to protect healthy people from getting infected.
It is very important for people to understand the need for isolation and especially people who are:
- Have a weakened immune system
- are of age 70 or over
- are pregnant
- Have a long-term medical condition
- are having chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
What are the CDC Coronavirus Isolation precautions for infected people?
Self-Isolation is not just for the concern of healthy people but also for the safety of infected persons as well.
If you are sick with COVID-19 or think you might have Coronavirus symptoms, follow the below guidelines, issued by CDC, to prevent the further spreading of this deadly virus:
- Stay at home and separate yourself from other family members
- Do not visit public places.
- Avoid public transportation
- Don’t leave except to get medical help.
- Give a call to your doctor, before visiting
- Monitor your symptoms closely
- Immediately get medical help, if your symptoms worsen (like difficulty breathing.
Tips for people who are going for Self-Isolation?
People who are in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19, you should self-isolate for 14 days from the date of contact.
Also, people who themselves detect symptoms of Coronavirus should self-isolate too. Following are the tips to successfully go through with it:
- As much as possible, you should limit your contact with other people;
- Do not share dishes, cups, eating utensils, towels, pillows or other items with other people;
- Ask your family or friends to drop off supplies and other necessities, outside your house and the same goes with online orders;
- You can go outside for a walk or exercise, but make sure to maintain a good distance with people;
- Cover your coughs and sneezes;
- Wear face mask most times;
- Make sure to busy yourself with your hobbies or by trying different things;
- Don’t just stay on the couch or bed for longer times;
- Do not shake your dirty laundry.
Get Coronavirus prevention products from TabletShablet, to make your self-isolation process easier and safe at the same time.
I hope these above Coronavirus isolation precaution tips make your experience easier and better. Do remember that you’re doing a great deed by protecting yourself and others around you. If you find the blog helpful to you in any way, do like and share it among others and create awareness.
Stay Indoors to Stay Safe and Make Others Safe too.