User Review( votes)
As summer is coming (cue the GOT tagline), we should start prepping ourselves for the season. Summers in India has been always known for its scorching sun and hot and dry winds.
Light cotton clothes almost became our uniform to protect from the prickly heat of the sun. As exciting getting tanned is, being roasted by the sun rays is not at all enjoyable.
But there are a lot of people who are still clueless about the adversity of this weather to their skin as well as health. So, this blog is dedicated to all those people who don’t know what this season brings along with it.
Summer is here which means many of you will be wearing shorts, tank tops, and other clothing items that expose more skin. Lathering your skin with a variety of Skin Care Products is just not enough.
Exposing more skin, especially in the sun, increases the risks of sunburn and skin cancer, dry skin, body acne, rashes, insect bites, etc.
Health Tips to Follow this Summer
So, follow the tips below to enjoy this summer without any care:
- Downsize your Meal: During summers, digestion becomes slow, which leads to severe cases of indigestion. So, try to take lighter meals and avoid eating spicy foods.
Fill your diet with bottled water, sandwiches, vegetable, yoghurts and endless amounts of fruit. It’s the time to load up on lighter snack options like nuts, seeds, etc.
Fried foods are also a big no and should be avoided in this weather.
- Stay extra Hydrated: Dehydration is most common during summers, which leads to dry mouth, fatigue, headaches, and dizziness. Make sure you gulp down 8-10 glasses of water in a day to ensure a well-hydrated body.
During summers, replace your cold drinks consumption to fresh juices like orange juice or melon juice. So, Load up on more body hydrating foods like watermelon, sesame, coconut water, cucumber, mint, fennel seeds, etc.
- Make Suncream your best friend: To avoid being roasted in the skin, use a suncream lotion of at least SPF 30 in order to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Avoid sitting in the sun during peak hours between 10 am and 4 pm in order to minimize UV radiation.
There is a variety of sunscreens in the market that are totally effective and protects your skin from harmful UV radiation of the sun.
I have made a list of effective and best sunscreens that I have come across:
- WOW AM2PM Sunscreen Spf 50
- Mamaearth Mineral Based Sunscreen for Babies
- Patanjali Sun Screen Cream
- Sebamed Multiprotect Sun Spray spf30
- WOW Anti-Pollution Sunscreen Water Resistant Sunscreen Lotion
- Sri Sri Ayurveda Protecting Sunscreen Cream
You can do your own research and select what’s best for you. Sunscreen works by combining organic and inorganic active ingredients to reflect or scatter ultraviolet (UV) radiation.
Some sunscreens protect us from both UV radiation: UV-A and UV-B, which causes sunburns and damaging effects such as skin cancer.
- Protect your Tresses: It’s not just the skin that gets harmed by the sun but our precious tresses also get scathed if not taken care. Constant heat, sun damage and chlorine takes a toll on our hair and can leave it feeling limp, dull and dry.
If possible, try to minimize the use of hairdryers, straighteners and other heating products. Towel dry your hair, Use sun protection shampoo and remember to cover up your hair while going out.
- Exfoliate your Skin: Summer brings with it an increase of dead skin cells so it is important to exfoliate your skin to keep it smooth and silky.
With proper exfoliation, you’re opening fresh new skin cells for the moisturizing products to penetrate deeply into the skin, making them more effective. It is especially important during summers when your skin needs extra hydration and protection.
Scrubs seem to be the most popular choice as a regular exfoliant. For the face, you should choose the one with smooth, round granules whereas for the body, try one with sugar or sea salt.
- Clothing Preferences for summer: Cotton almost becomes our daily uniform during this scorching weather, which allows air to circulate and move freely through the fabric, ensuring airflow that dries out damp areas of the body.
Clothing materials like Linen, silk can be the other best options for this summer.
There are some materials that will add more to your already sweaty self and can lead to Chaffing. Avoid Heavy materials or dark shades in day times.
So, try to avoid the following clothing materials:
- Denim, etc.
I am sure that these tips will help you to enjoy this summer without any care. And if you find this blog interesting or helpful to you, be sure to like and comment in the section below. Feel free to suggest your opinions and suggestions to us.
Stay safe and be happy.